LEADERSHIP FOR THE YOUTH OF NIAGARA COMMUNITIES
LYNC is an eight-month leadership development program designed for youth to discover the leader within while learning about our community.
- collaborate with other students from 12 participating high schools
- examine important institutions impacting change and innovation in WNY
- analyze complex social trends and issues affecting our community, our nation and across the globe
- investigate avenues for personal success in education, civic involvement and
- LYNC is facilitated and mentored by a team of leadership experts and community leader
EDU 228 AT NIAGARA UNIVERSITY FOR COLLEGE CREDIT
Participants can extend their learning and receive college credit in our EDU 228 course taught by Dr. Paul Vermette of Niagara University. The 3-credit course focuses on the issues of diversity and globalization, democratic citizenship, leadership in personal and organizational frameworks and individual development.
LYNC CLASS OF 2020
PARTICIPATING HIGH SCHOOLS
Barker High School
Grand Island High School
Lewiston Porter High School
Lockport High School
Newfane High School
Niagara Falls High School
Niagara Wheatfield High School
Royalton Hartland High School
Starpoint High School
Wilson High School
CONTACT YOUR LYNC COORDINATOR TO APPLY:
Mike Gendrue - Barker
Brendan McCabe - Grand Island
Richard Lindamer - Lewiston Porter
Deanna Schmidt, Jason Madden- Lockport
Glenn Smith - Newfane
Amy Crocker- Niagara Academy
Cheryl Vilardo, Rich Meranto- Niagara Falls
Lisa Lindamer - Niagara Wheatfield
Katie Harrington- North Tonawanda
Colleen Albee - Royalton Hartland
Clement Smith - Starpoint
Alison Faery - Wilson
Thank you to
"From LYNC, I've created deeper friendships with some people I would have never otherwise met, gone out of my comfort zone more often, and experienced life's opportunities more often."
- Madison Edwards, Newfane High School
"I have learned so much about leadership but also the community. My old definition of leadership was turned on its head and I'm beginning to see what kind of leader I am and will be in this world."
- Tyler Kugler, Royalton Hartland High School
"I learned that leadership is not just about leading others, but it is about listening to others. This will change my leadership and my view of those who lead."
- Adam Dryfhout, Grand Island High School
"My experience here made me realize that I need to help out more in my community. I realized that even a little help could make a difference."
- Lauren Candlena, North Tonawanda High School
"What I have learned in LYNC so far is being a leader is not as easy as it sounds because you need to learn how to put others first, learn how to analyze and solve problems, and listen to others."
- Nicole Perry, Niagara Wheatfield High School
"I learned that there is a whole other part of our community that people don't realize even exists. I have become a better person because of LYNC. I have grown and am better at making decisions, playing key roles, and taking care of others."
- James Spanbauer, Niagara Falls High School